Marketing Data Analyst
The Marketing Data Analyst supports reporting and analysis for all media teams. Responsibilities include designing new campaign performance reports and maintaining existing reports; performing frequent, in-depth ad hoc analyses to identify trends; and building tools and providing resources to facilitate all the above. We’re looking for a keen understanding of statistics and the intellectual curiosity to explore unfamiliar concepts. The candidate should be comfortable with selecting appropriate methods to interpret complicated, disparate data sets and visualizing their findings.
- Design, execute and deliver ad hoc reporting and custom analyses in response to client needs
- Develop tools and processes to automate common reporting and analytics requests (e.g., client dashboards) across Mediasmith’s client base
- Work with client account teams to translate client analytics requests into action plans and deliverables that satisfy client needs
- Manipulate, clean, and visualize data using Excel, MySQL, Tableau, and other such tools
- Design new and maintain existing marketing performance reports and dashboards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert Excel skills; manipulating, parsing, and blending data between spreadsheets is essential
- Ability to efficiently analyze and provide insights into complex data sets
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with quickly-changing priorities
- Excellent quantitative and critical thinking skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in an analytically driven role
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Tableau or other BI tools
- Previous experience in the digital media or marketing industry
- Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics)
If you meet the above requirements, send us a cover letter telling us why you would be a good candidate, your resume and salary expectations.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a hip, new Financial District location.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.