Dave Smith recently traveled to Seville, Spain to participate in the I-COM 2016 data-centric conference. Here he is moderating the panel on the state of Programmatic TV in the US and abroad. The panel discussion included some industry heavy hitters.
David Moore – President WPP Digital & Chairman, Xaxis, WPP, USA
Chris O’Hara – Head of Global Data Strategy, Krux, USA
Lawrence Allen – VP, Ad Innovation and Programmatic Solutions, Turner, USA
Tim Sims – Vice President of Inventory Partnerships, The Trade Desk, USA
Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain
- Attribution Board Roundtable
Monday, April 18th, 2:30pm-4:30pm
David Smith will co-chair this session, which will address how to execute video ad campaigns on and across walled gardens, that achieve optimal performance while ensuring brand safety. As the walled gardens grow, how can advertisers ensure the integrity of audiences reached and placements targeted?
- Navigating the Programmatic TV Landscape
Wednesday, April 20th, 2:40-4:15pm
David Smith will moderate the topic, Navigating the Programmatic TV Landscape.
- David Smith will be chairing the Ecosystem segment
Wednesday & Thursday, April 20th & 21st
It is a sunny October morning; I’m heading to work in my new AV (automated vehicle); my favorite song is streaming through speakers placed in optimal positions around the cabin; my dashboard’s 30-inch translucent screen is updating my schedule while I clear appointments, make dinner reservations, and check out the latest Netflix releases all with the swipe of my finger like a classical music conductor.
111 Minna Gallery, San Francisco, CA 94105
Tuesday, April 15th, 2016
The panel will be discussing the core challenges in marrying data; the need for clean data – from email to ads; the barriers and opportunities in merging AdTech & MarTech; and the advertising opportunities that come from big and better data. We hope to see you there.
More about Adtech & Martech
Mediasmith is pleased to announce the addition of Rachel Miller-Garcia as VP Client Services.
Rachel is focused on elevating client success, enhancing Mediasmith’s paid media offerings with new capabilities including: Content Strategy, CMO advising, and creative resources. David L. Smith, CEO of Mediasmith said, “The addition of Rachel and her talents dovetails in nicely with our already established content distribution capabilities resulting in a full-blown content marketing suite.”
Rachel has more than 20 years of advertising, media, and integrated marketing experience. She began her career at traditional media agencies, then moved over to publishing–working for San Francisco Magazine, Time Inc. and Hearst Integrated Media, and in 2011, Rachel rejoined the agency side with Bleu Marketing and recently Wirestone. Her business development, and strategic client relations background intersects nearly every medium including TV, digital, OOH, social platforms, Hi Impact direct mail, and experiential marketing for brands and publishers. As an industry specialist in the CPG, Financial, Healthcare, Retail, and Tech sectors, Rachel has developed multi-platform, ROI programs, and content strategy for global consumer brands including Clorox brands, eBay, Nestle, Nintendo and Kikkoman. Her B2B client experience includes Cisco, HP, SAP, Salesforce, and VCE. Rachel graduated from U.C. Berkeley with a degree in economics.
Mediasmith is an independent, award-winning, digitally focused media agency with expertise in media strategy, planning, execution, metrics and technology. Mediasmith services clients directly or in partnership with creative agencies to architect campaigns integrating traditional advertising, digital media, search, emerging platforms, social media and mobile. Founded in 1989 by David L. Smith and Karen T. McFee, the agency ved multiple awards for pioneering digital media campaigns and is known for working with major industry associations to set standards and best practices. Mediasmith was named to the list of largest San Francisco Advertising Agencies in 2014 by the San Francisco Business Times.
For more information on media advertising services or to subscribe to The Anvil newsletter visit www.mediasmith.com.
John Cate, President and COO
This position interacts with the Media, Operations and Finance Groups at Mediasmith providing leadership, guidance and support while adapting current Mediasmith procedures to incorporate the STRATA tool set. We need the right individual to become knowledgeable and accomplished with Mediasmith work flow process overall in deploying media campaigns as they are approved by our clients. This person will implement and support best practices of the Media Buying process with the deployment of campaigns through STRATA and will be hands-on when necessary with the development of Media Authorizations, Insertion Orders, Order Revisions and Client Billing. They will be responsible to provide training for new employees on STRATA. In addition, the right individual will help develop client billing procedures which incorporate the appropriate STRATA tools and reports. This role may require the organizing/monitoring of internal operation’s tasks; including but not limited to deployment of new campaigns, changes to existing campaigns, reporting, campaign delivery issues, day to day records maintenance needs and practices. The right candidate will be able to help enhance current budget control and campaign continuity best practices and simplify the budget tracking process for Mediasmith. This role requires good communication with Company and Media Management with regards to optimizing the use of Strata systems and tools and training new users.
- Experience/Knowledge that is required
- Must have current experience with the Strata media management systems and ideally familiar with the SBMS Print, Out-of-home, Digital, Eleven and Media Billing.
- High level general math skills – Ability to provide guidance and support on financial documentation and adherence to client budget accountability
- Computer software applications: General software applications, Microsoft Office Applications: Excel spreadsheets, formulas, charting, Word, familiarity with accounting programs or databases a plus
- Experience that may apply
- Previous Media Department operations and financial support
- Bookkeeping or proprietary business software
- Training on any professional field-specific software or financial software or data input/output
- Use of Advertising industry third party ad servers for digital campaigns
- Ad agency trafficking procedures
- Use of client visualization dashboards
- Knowledge that is desirable
- Understanding of internet terms such as impressions, clicks, leads, ad views, SEM, SEO and third-party ad serving
- Knowledge of how companies advertise on the Internet
- Internet savvy: interested in working in the digital space
- Preparing and Creating Purchase order and sales orders
- Oral and Written Comprehension: Listen to, read, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and writing
- Oral and Written Expression: Communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to communicate with and manage cross-department relationships with all admin, finance, operations and media management.
- Accurate with numbers and double-checking data
- Commitment to a high quality of work output
- Ability to track and report on assignments
- Comfortable in taking direction and providing feedback relative to understanding those directions and asking questions to achieve complete clarity
- Overall ability to multi task and handle the normal day-to-day pressures of a busy office environment
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines with organized work habits and excellent attention to detail
- Time Management: Prioritize different projects to meet deadline dates
- Quick Learner: Understand and retain current process in a fast pace environment
Mediasmith is collaborative, upbeat work environment where you are expected to communicate well, take ownership, and have fun. Send us a cover letter telling us how you meet the requirements above, why you would be a good candidate, your salary range requirements and your resume.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a hip, new Financial District location convenient to public transportation.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.