The Assistant Media Planner assists in the day to day stewarding of media activity on assigned accounts. They support the planning, buying, campaign implementation and maintenance for traditional and digital media programs.
- Provide analysis, information on sites and technologies to support client media recommendations
- Contact sales reps for media kits, rates and other information needed during the strategy development
- Manage vendor contact database
- Issue RFP’s (Requests for proposals) under direction of Media Buyer/Planner
- Analyze alternatives, supporting the Buyer/Planner in negotiations
- Assist in the execution and maintenance of client media campaigns by preparing insertions orders, media authorizations and updating media flowcharts
- Verify that campaign was delivered as scheduled
- Inform team of deadlines and changes in timing
- Communicate creative unit information to creative partners and client
- Develop a proficiency in utilizing online media research tools such as ComScore, Kantar, Quantcast, MRI, etc.
- Prepare banner trafficking through Ad-Serving Technology
- Prepare data tracking through Ad-Serving Technology
- Prepare campaign reports
- Provide online lead generation support
- Manage client binders, media kits, and related paperwork
- Assist in the filing of resources/research materials
- Prepare competitive spending/search reports
- Coordinate meetings with Publishers
- Assist with client income projections and cash flow reporting
- Keep abreast of industry trends, participate in training programs
- Review the work of the Media Coordinators for accuracy and timeliness
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a college degree. Economics/Math/Sciences emphasis is desirable
- You have 6 months to a year of experience in an office environment with advertising media department or online marketing firm strongly preferred
- You have some basic knowledge of the different types of media (print, OOH, digital, broadcast) and you understand the media planning process
- You have excellent quantitative (analytical and math) skills
- You can show skill, confidence, and professionalism in working with clients, vendors, team members and all levels of Mediasmith staff
- You have excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- You can demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
- You are fully computer and Web literate; you are an ace in working with spreadsheets and databases for data analysis. Excel proficiency is critical to success in this position
- You have the ability to think creatively; multi-task and meet deadlines
- You show initiative and can work well independently, you are proactive in seeking additional tasks when workload allows
- You can represent Mediasmith professionally at industry events. You have a good sense of humor and social skills
- Experience with 3rd party trafficking tools is a plus
- Experience in B2B, Consumer, e-Commerce or Entertainment is a plus
If you meet the above requirements, send us a cover letter to Jobs@Mediasmith.com telling us why you would be a good candidate, your salary range requirements and your resume.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a pleasant and very casual financial district environment.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.