The Advertising Media Systems Manager position interacts with the Media, Operations and Finance Groups at Mediasmith providing leadership, guidance, and support while adapting Mediasmith current procedures to incorporate the STRATA tools set.
We need the right individual to become knowledgeable and accomplished with Mediasmith workflow process overall in deploying media campaigns as they are approved by our clients. This person will implement and support best practices of the Media Buying process with the deployment of campaigns through STRATA and will be hands-on when necessary with the development of Media Authorizations, Insertion Orders, Order Revisions and client billing.
In addition, the right individual will help develop client billing procedures which incorporate the appropriate STRATA tools and reports. This role may require the organizing/monitoring of internal operation’s tasks; including but not limited to deployment of new campaigns, changes to existing campaigns, reporting, campaign delivery issues, day to day records maintenance needs and practices.
The right candidate will be able to help enhance current budget control and campaign continuity best practices and simplify the budget tracking process for Mediasmith.
This role also requires communication with Company and Media Management with regards to optimizing the use of Strata systems and tools and training inexperienced users.
The overall Goal is to manage the operations team and assess agency campaign management goals and efficiencies.
Experience/Knowledge that is required
- Desirable to have current experience with the Strata media management systems and ideally familiar with the SBMS Print, Out-of-home, Digital, Media Billing and media payable reconciliation.
- High-level General math skills – Ability to provide guidance and support on financial documentation and adherence to client budget accountability
- Computer Software Applications: General software applications, Microsoft Office Applications: Excel Spreadsheets, formulas, charting, Word, familiarity with accounting programs (i.e., QuickBooks) or databases a plus.
Experience that may apply
- Previous Media Department operations and financial support
- Media Department Housekeeping Systems
- Bookkeeping or proprietary business software
- Training on any professional field-specific software or financial software or data input/output
- Use of Advertising industry third-party ad servers for digital campaigns
- Ad agency trafficking procedures
- Use of client visualization dashboards (i.e., Tableau)
Knowledge that is desirable
- Understanding of internet terms such as ad tags, impressions, clicks, leads, ad views, SEM, SEO and third-party ad serving
- Knowledge of how companies advertise on the Internet
- Internet savvy: interested in working in the digital space
- Bachelor’s degree
- Oral and Written Comprehension: Listen to, read, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and writing
- Oral and Written Expression: Communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to communicate with and manage cross-department relationships with all admin, finance, operations and media management.
- Accurate with numbers and double-checking data
- Commitment to a high quality of work output
- Ability to track and report on assignments
- Comfortable in taking direction and providing feedback relative to understanding those directions and asking questions to achieve complete clarity
- Overall ability to multi-task and handle the normal day-to-day pressures of a busy office environment
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines with organized work habits and excellent attention to detail
- Time Management: Prioritize different projects to meet deadline dates
- Quick Learner: Understand and retain current process in a fast-paced environment
Mediasmith is collaborative, upbeat work environment where you are expected to communicate well, take ownership, and have fun. Send us a cover letter telling us how you meet the requirements above, why you would be a suitable candidate, your salary range requirements and your resume to Jobs@Mediasmith.com.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a desirable Financial District location.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.